Re: [RC] Why T-shirts? - April Johnson

I love my t-shirts I've gotten from my rides. Only 4, mind you, but I like
them. The two I have from 4 years back I've worn many times over. 'Bout time
I get some newer ones as the first two are getting wear holes from washing
them so much.

I wear my t-shirts everywhere. I like it when people ask me what
"Longstreet's Charge" is (Navy blue, Angie). I also wear my shirts on
training rides to inspire me and I wore my Chicken Chase t-shirt for the
first 30 miles of Liberty Run (Then changed to a "To Finish is To Win"
t-shirt for the remaining 20 miles). It's something I can wear anywhere but
a really formal gathering. T-shirts are my preferred attire. Might as well
wear an endurance one! Dunno. No real LOGICAL reason for liking the
t-shirts, but just do. :-)

Course, Amy Whelan (ride manager for Chicken Chase) saved me out a t-shirt
because she said that people new to the sport really like t-shirts for some
reason. Guess it's the pride of accomplishment. Maybe after a dozen or so,
you think, "I have ENOUGH t-shirts, give me something else useful." I'll let
you know after I get a dozen or so! LOL.

I can definitely understand people that don't want any more t-shirts, or at
least not one from every ride.

Here's a question, though, how would it go over if a RM had a selection of
completion awards? Some mugs, some t-shirts, some soft-side coolers, some
ball caps, some tote bags. Then let people choose which award they want? If
you find a vendor that will print a variety of items, could still maybe
negotiate a bulk price, even though buying different items. Course, that
would mean the people that get to choose last have the least choice...

April
Nashville, TN