Re: [RC] Ivermectin: How Long Does It Take the Buggers to Die? - Heidi Smith

24-48 hours or so.  And don't count on it to get the encysted ones--the injectable presumably did, but if you're after the encyted ones, you'd likely do better with a fenbendazole purge.

Heidi

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2003 8:30 AM
Subject: [RC] Ivermectin: How Long Does It Take the Buggers to Die?

When I dose my horse with Ivermectin, over what length
of time is it acting to kill the parasites?
<snip>
Put another way, how long does it take the Ivermectin
dose to kill the strongids?  Do they die within two
days, or within 10 days, or 14 days?  What about
encysted strongiles?

Linda B. Merims
Massachusetts, USA