[RC] Ivermectin: How Long Does It Take the Buggers to Die? - Linda B. Merims

When I dose my horse with Ivermectin, over what length
of time is it acting to kill the parasites?

Please understand, I am *NOT* asking how frequently
I should be dosing (6 weeks vs 8 weeks vs 12 weeks).
I'm asking something different.

Put another way, how long does it take the Ivermectin
dose to kill the strongids?  Do they die within two
days, or within 10 days, or 14 days?  What about
encysted strongiles?

Linda B. Merims
Massachusetts, USA