[RC] grain at rides - Larry Miller

I would not feed my horse at rides what he does not get at home!  No grass at the ride? take plenty of hay.   Don't feed much grain at home?  don't feed much at the ride but do feed small amounts at the vet check.   10 - 11% protein grain is enough too.  Carbohydrates is what the horse needs, not protein.  If not much grain at home, then beet pulp would be a good choice. But feed it at home first to see if the horse likes it.  Jeanie