[RC] blue heelers on trail - Ed Kilpatrick

i couldnt resist this one!  the best thing to do is for both you and your friend to try and run over the dog with your horses! :-)  have you ever tried to run over a dog?  you can only do it if you arent trying to!   seriously, though,  your dog is just doing what he is bred to do, follow at the heels.  my old hound dog usually stays a few feet off the trail, out in the woods, runs way ahead or stays some distance back.  i have  bumped into her a few times when she wasnt paying attention and got too close.  your dog's survival instincts will probably take care of the situation.  or you could do like my friend shorty.  he taught his australian shepherd to lie across the back of the saddle!  shorty mounts up first, calls the dog, who gets a running start, leaps up, shorty grabs his collar and hoists him up behind the saddle.     ed