[RC] Grain At Rides - DVeritas

I need some input as to whether or not you feed grain while at rides.  I know some who feed no grain, even on hundreds.  I know others who feed grain darnnear free choice.
    Each horse I have campaigned, has been slightly different, particularly in how they each processed the enviromental stimulation at ridecamps, which can affect certain horses' drinking and eating habits.
    Normally, I don't grain, i.e., soaked beet pulp, whole oats, 3way, strategy, the night before the start of a fifty or a hundred.
    I had a vet tell me that that ration would not process well the next morning, and could actually affect gut motility negatively.
    So, anyway, I's wonderin' if everyone grains the night before, or if it might be better to give them their gruel, their slurry, their slop, whatever at the first vet check?
    Thanks for the feedback,
       Frank