[RC] LDs and 50s, etc - Larry Miller

Okay, if someone does something you don't like as run through your group, TELL THAT PERSON!!!  Some folks just don't know, others do.  But voice your opinion if something is done that is wrong or endangers someone else.  LDs aren't the only ones at fault here either.  I have seen some higher mileage folks be pretty rude.  If you have a horse that might kick, put a red ribbon in the tail, if you ride a stud, put a yellow ribbon in his tail.  And above all pay attention to who is behind you as well as in front of you.  Ride defensively and don't trust the other rider to do the 'right thing'.  We were almost run over by a well known rider who yelled 100 miler coming thru!  We were in the creek sponging off our horses.  If we hadn't leaped out of the way, we would have worn his horse's hoofprints.  I thought that was pretty rude and I don't think 100 milers have any more rights than a 50 miler.  Politeness is the name of the game.  Jeanie