Re: [RC] managment and completion awards - David & Maggie

I also give something to everyone whether they finish or not, HOWEVER, non-finishers get something different and usually smaller than finishers. A completion award is for completing. A consolation award is for giving me money for training your own horse, I mean trying to complete.

Maggie Herlensky in Ohio
The reason I gave everyone a shirt was because it takes a lot to get to a ride. The hours of training, money spent on supplies and entry fees, gas and time off work for most people makes it hard for me to let them leave empty handed. Sometimes a did-not-complete is out of the riders control anyway like a lost shoe, tripping, rider can't finish,etc,. Just because you didn't finish, doesn't mean you didn't try really hard to finish.