Re: [RC] LD BC?? - Trailrite

In a message dated 5/29/03 1:05:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Merryben@xxxxxxx writes:

> But as long as AERC has it set up as the same rules as the 50+ rides then for LD's to get credit for BC we ride managers
> have to run the BC like AERC guides us.

According to AERC rules you do not have to give BC in accordance with the rules or give BC at all.

My understanding that the BC is not an AERC BC for LD's unless it is done with their paper work which take the top ten and do the judging the same as 50+ mile events.  I know you can do any other way you want as a RM but the credit given by AERC will not be recognize or recorded as a BC for LD rides.  I'm I correct in this?
We've done BC both ways unoffical first two years then the last two years have done it the AERC form way.  We saw no change in speedy riders though.
Tammy