Re: [RC] LD BC?? - Trailrite

In a message dated 5/29/03 4:30:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

We very seldom send a horse to a vet hospital on live support from an LD. I only know of two cases in 12 years I've been around this sport that an LD horse has ended up first on life support and then being transported to a vet hospital when the vets got worried. Now compare that to 50's and 100's where we crash them all too often.

I'm not sure that the concern is metabolic for 4 year olds.  I think people are more concerned about legs and joint wear for the overall lifetime of the horses future.  Hard work in an early state of conditioning is hard at any age and just remember no matter what age these horses are...it takes 6-18 months of conditioning for bone and soft tissiue to meet the speeds of a fast ride.  So to meet this for a 4 year old the horse would have to be started into a conditioning program at the age of 3 years old.
Just food for thought....
Tammy Robinson
Just got my 10,000 miles at the Wild West ride this weekend....Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!