Re: [RC] LD BC?? - Barbara McCrary

When I was on the BoD, we hashed this idea over again and again and rejected it.  If you want a max. and min. time set, ride NATRC before you ride endurance.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] LD BC??

DVeritas@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 5/29/2003 2:03:18 PM Mountain Daylight Time, Merryben@xxxxxxx writes:

LD is and will remain a race.  You can't put the Genie back in the bottle

    ...then, let's keep the four year-olds at home.  Make the minimum age 60 months and let the horses deal with the trials on the trails, not the hubris in the saddle.
---Frank

Or what about setting both a minimum and maximum time for LD only?  All horses must come in within a certain window (like say, from 3 hours minimum to 6 hours max for a 25 miler).  Come in too fast, you're DQ'd, and same for too slow.  Set the pace that would accommodate "middle of the pack-ers" to protect all the horses from the hell-bent for leather "racer type" riders - since LDs really are intended to be training rides anyway.

Then, out of those that finish within the window, pick the first 10 in and judge for BC.

Hehe...I'm still trying to do my first ride (got rained out on my first attempt), so don't mind me if I don't know what I'm talking about!  :)

Jennifer