[RC] Pregnancy & Riding - Darolyn Butler-Dial

Hi Campers & pregnant moms,
I rode with both my pregnancies & the stories are still being told.  Some
not to flattering, so if u do, be prepared for lectures here & there.  I
found that if you never stop riding, its a bit easier because your stomach
muscles stay tight & in shape.  I stopped riding for a while during my first
preg, & when I went back it was pretty uncomfortable.

I did a competitive ride and then won a 25 Mi. Endurance race in May &
delivered CeCi on June 20th back in 1982.  Some say that marked CeCi for
life & for the life of us, we have never decided whether she gets to credit
that 25 mile ride on her "lifetime record".

By the way, she is still riding avidly.  I went back to riding about a month
after the birth, with baby in a chest pack when I was just doing a slow
ride.  I'm wiser now and more cautious and I see all of that as "pushing the
envelope"... however, what I liked about it most... was the feeling of
normalcy when you are big and clumsy.  Kind of like getting in the water and
feeling light again.  When you are on horseback, you don't feel like a whale
out of water anymore.

I didn't actually compete until 4 months  after, but that was only probably
because Texas didn't have a race until then back then.  LOL
If you have a risky pregnancy or you don't have bookoos of riding skills
.... think twice before you do it.  Even the safest ride can turn into a
disaster in a split second.
Happy Baby & good luck
dare
Darolyn Butler-Dial & Mark Dial
     CYPRESS TRAILS EQUESTRIAN CENTER & HORSEMAN VIDEO SHOWCASE
            Proven Endurance Horses for Sale or Lease.
Adventure Trail Rides * Boarding * Training*Lessons *Parties
Represents:   Sharon Saare Saddles, Professional Choice, Advanced Biological
Concepts,  & KM (Human Electrolytes)
ADVOCATE :THE WHOLE HORSE TRIM (Barefootin")
21415 Cypresswood Dr.  Humble, Texas 77338
       Ph:  281 446 7232    Fax 281 446 0113  Toll Free (800) 228 8768
     e mail: darolyn@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:darolyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
www.horseridingfun.com