Re: [RC] Carolina Distance Riders - Truman Prevatt

Check the SERA website, www.seraonline.org, for more info. We did ( in cooperation with GERA and some finanical support from the AERC ) support the GA Horse Fair with a presentation and booth last year. We would be more than happy to support the NC expo. We have developed a program - it needs some work but at least it's a start - to introduce endurance to the average horseman.  The thing you need for any effort of this type is volunteers to work at the event - lots of volunteers.  In our program we had 14 horse rider teams participating in the program. Nina Barnett is your NC SERA director. Her Email is on the web site. If you are at Liberty Run this weekend look up the Schoechs and talk with them about this, or contact me directly. As of now I'm planning on being at Oconee.

Truman

EquesB@xxxxxxx wrote:
Tim;

Why not join SERA (Southeastern Endurance Riders Assoc.) and assist in promoting endurance (and good will towards men :-) in the Carolinas?  SERA is an excellent group and I am sure the members in NC can use help in promoting endurance.

I am not on the BOD, so I do not know if SERA was able to participate in the NC Expo, but if not, it could be due to an unavailable volunteer!  So why not join a group that is already in place and build them in your area?

I am pretty sure that endurance, and specifically speaking SERA, is well represented in NC endurance, there just may be a small hole in your area.  Look up Tamara Schoech at Liberty Run, she will give you a job and some direction. :-))

Jackie Baker