From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Timothy Worden
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 6:05 PM
To: EnduranceNet RideCamp
Subject: [RC] Carolina Distance Riders

A week or so ago I posted about the Carolina Horse Expo and the lack of
endurance representation.  Though I'm relatively new to the sport of
endurane, I am absolutely addicted.  This lack of representation got me
thinking about what I can do to get our sport the recognition it deserves.
So I've taken it upon myself to create of new group here in the Carolinas
called Carolina Distance Riders.  Florida and Georgia have organization here
in the SouthEast, why not see if North and South Carolina can show some
representation for the endurance community?  I have no idea how far this
will go, where it will go, or even if it will go.  My first goal is to drum
up some support from fellow Carolinians and possibly make an appearance at
next years Carolina Horse Expo.  I've never viewed myself as a leader or
someone who would try starting something like this, so personally it's a big
step for me.  It's not much right now, but hopefully it can evolve into
something more.  I will be at Liber ty Run this weekend if anyone would like
to meet up and talk more.  I'm open to anyones ideas and help.
http://www.carolinadistanceriders.com/
Tim Worden: Iron Station, NC