[RC] Carolina Distance Riders - Timothy Worden

A week or so ago I posted about the Carolina Horse Expo and the lack of endurance representation.  Though I'm relatively new to the sport of endurane, I am absolutely addicted.  This lack of representation got me thinking about what I can do to get our sport the recognition it deserves.   So I've taken it upon myself to create of new group here in the Carolinas called Carolina Distance Riders.  Florida and Georgia have organization here in the SouthEast, why not see if North and South Carolina can show some representation for the endurance community?  I have no idea how far this will go, where it will go, or even if it will go.  My first goal is to drum up some support from fellow Carolinians and possibly make an appearance at next years Carolina Horse Expo.  I've never viewed myself as a leader or someone who would try starting something like this, so personally it's a big step for me.  It's not much right now, but hopefully it can evolve into something more.  I will be at Liber ty Run this weekend if anyone would like to meet up and talk more.  I'm open to anyones ideas and help.

http://www.carolinadistanceriders.com/

Tim Worden: Iron Station, NC