[RC] Beware of those NON endurance sports (was blown knees) - Maggie Mieske

I am ashamed to admit that though I can do a 50 miler nowadays and feel great after and am even contemplating my first 100 miler this year, I went BOWLING last night and turned my knee just enough to mess it up!!!  I am sooooo mad!!!  How can I make it through 50 miles on the back of a horse, miss all those knee knockers, finally be able to mount and dismount by myself  at the end of  these rides and then hurt myself throwing a damn bowling ball???????  I can't believe it.  It didn't even hurt at first and then today it swelled and I had a lot of trouble with it...soooo lots of ice on and off, my magnetic knee wrap (which I was lucky to find hidden in the shed from when we cleaned out our old horse trailer...had it from hurting my knee a couple of years ago but not this ligament stuff!!) and lots of ibuprofen.  I think it's a curse I have....oh, gee, a ride is coming up!  I MUST find a way to "twist my ankle" or "pull a muscle in my back or anywhere else while doing laundry" or "fall off a step coming out of the house" or "you name a dumb thing and I can do it"!!!  :)  Makes me crazy!!!
Maggie