Fwd: [RC] Blown Knees (long) - Merryben

--- Begin Message --- In a message dated 5/14/2003 7:43:50 PM Central Daylight Time, Adelia85@xxxxxxx writes:

Ask about a Constant motion machine.  This is a brace system with a motor that you wear which ever so slowly moves your leg all the time.  This significantly reduces the muscle wasting effect surgery has on the quad muscles and increases range and comfort.

I had a similar machine which was like a platform that you set your lower leg in and it moved up and down.  I would set it at 90 degrees flexion and start it up and sleep.  When I woke up every morning, my knee was not stiff.  It is horribly expensive to rent though.  Luckily at that time I had regular insurance and not an HMO and they paid for everything.

--- End Message ---