Re: [RC] Found in Woods - MtnRondi

This topic makes me realize why we love to ride in the woods or anywhere else.

I remember one day I was enjoying a pleasant pleasure ride and came upon a bobcat kitten. I followed it down the trail as it hopped and jumped, just like a domestic kitten, and then I watched it as it stalked and chased some butterflies. Pretty cute!

Another time, just recently, I was going up a dirt road and saw an adult bobcat crossing the road, hunting. He kept reappearing from the bushes and would walk out into the road. He didn't see me coming and I kept getting closer and closer. He suddenly saw me and instead of dashing into the underbrush, he did that cat thing. He flattened out on the ground, watching me approach. The closer I got, the flatter he laid his ears back and the flatter his body got. I had to laugh. He thought he was really invisible. I started talking to him, hopeing he would run off because I didn't want him to explode underneath me as I passed. He did take off just before I was considering not getting any closer.

Then one day I was on a narrow trail on the side of a hill. I looked up and there was a large buck and a doe standing a little above me. I stopped to admire them. The buck blew through his nose, like a stallion, and the doe took off. Then the buck lowered his head and waggled his antlers at me and boy, I took off and got out of there fast. That wasn't Bambi.

Bonnie
So. Calif.