Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 9:04 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Blown Knees

In a message dated 05/14/2003 10:40:46 AM Central Daylight Time, annie@xxxxxxx writes:

Who has had it, how long did it take to get back on the horse, ....get strong...... do they go back to normal?. Uggggg who kneeds this! Annie

First let me say... Nice Pun "who KNEEDS this!"..... very funny.

Anyway onto the knee.  What are you having done?  Orthoscopic?  I had the Orthoscopic in late November of 99...  I had bone chips removed and some cartilage repaired ... blah ... blah  I was feeling better by Christmas.  I didn't attempt to ride till January though... I didn't want to go through that crap again!  I started slow in January ... and just kept going.  At first it felt VERY weird.  Kinda like you have new rubber bands in your knee. <bg>

It took about 13 months before I could bend the knee 'like I used to.'  But it is still going strong.... Now the other knee....

My BEST advice... Do it in the off season... Take lots of drugs till then!
Happy Kneeding!
Jinnifer Plummer