RE: [RC] BungeTies - Snodgrass, Bonnie

I switched to bungie ties years ago after realizing how being tied hard could panic a horse. I've had 100% success rate with bungie ties. Horses don't panic and fight, they stretch them a ways but always relax and come back forward again. I have had most of my ties made for me with a heavy grade bungee rated at 1400 lbs. I use them at the trailer, for cross ties, wash rack, etc. I always thought they would make sense for high ties and picket lines.

Bonnie Snodgrass
-----Original Message-----
From: Jeannie Gillen [mailto:jeanniegillen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 11:16 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] BungeTies

Bungee,Panic or Shock Ties/Cords...???

Have a horse that doesn't like being tied, but is learning.....in the meantime....he seems to do well on a tie line between trees, where he can move around without the immediate and final limitations typical tying does.....He'll tie at the trailer, pull back once, scare himself then stand still, but remains very frightened......

So I am thinking the bungee thing might be a solution......Your thoughts will be appreciated.....  Jeannie Gillen