[RC] Californios - SandyDSA

What a beautiful ride! Thanks to Marge and Vern for their hospitality. Aside from a badly tweaked ankle/foot and on a rather hard-hitting horse, Magic and I had a terrific time for our first ride after 13 months of my lay-up.

On another note, does anyone have an update on Marcia? She has been in our prayers all weekend, and in addition, it certainly reminds us of how easily something can happen - I had noticed with great relief that she had a helmet on anyway.

It was also a reminder of the stalwart quality of this sport at its best that, not only did a crowd of folks wait with her until she was airlifted out, but, with rare exception, the lot of us went down the mountain then as a group, sobered but not down, thoughtful and taking it all to heart. Thank you for that oneness that lifts one's spirit - that people CAN, when moved, rise to caring and concern rather than selfishness. I was proud of our sport, each person who was there, and ultimately the spirit of the day. Thank you all - and please, anyone who knows how she is doing, let us all know, and also what we can do if anything.

Sandy
Audrey
Magic
Fadji