RE: [RC] Define Good Back Conformation - Linda Cowles

>> The fad in the Arabian show ring has been to breed "sausages"--long "scopey" horses.  And one can easily follow this trend as it spins off into endurance by making note of the increase in back pathology in our horses in recent years, and watching how so many fairly decent-legged horses go lame, simply because they cannot round, and hence beat their legs up going hollow down the trail.

Many folks don't realize that leg problems can be a symptom pointing to a saddle fit or back problem.... a vet once told me that he checks suspensorys each time he sees signs of poor saddle fit, and too often finds inflammation or tenderness.

Linda Cowles
Horse 'N Hound
New, Consigned & Used Tack
9155 North State St. #13,