From: "Simms, Judith" <JSIMMS@xxxxxxx>
To: "'Heidi Smith'" <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Carol Stiles"
<cstiles@xxxxxxxxxx>; <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 1:28 PM
Subject: RE: [RC] needle shy horse

I certainly agree with all you said here.  I have tried and gotten to b
and
c.  Have also tried twitches, lip chains, putting her in the v of a borad
fence and a gate with stalls behind her. All is well until she feels the
needle penetrate the skin.  Any suggestions along the lines of a topical
anesthetic?  Oral sedative like you do for cats before a car ride?
Otherwise, I'm down to calling the zoo for a dart gun.  (I think I'm
kidding
here.)