[RC] Horse Expos and Polocrosse - Timothy Worden

This past weekend my wife and I went to the Carolina Horse Expo in Winston-Salem, NC.  There were lots of goodies and vendors to talk with.  Filled a bag with all sorts of samples and treats for the horses.  Plus many different seminars going on.  Last but not least, drooling over the horse trailers.

One thing that shocked us though was the absence of any distance rider booths.  No endurance, CTR, or even NATRC.  For being one of the fastest growing (or at least I thought) equine sports, I was surprised not to see anything endurance related.  Being that the Arabian is pretty dominant in endurance, there was not even a single Ay-rab on show.  With education being a hot topic since the new election, what do we as Carolina endurance riders need to do to make a presence and educate people about our sport?  From what I gather, GERA and SERA put on a great presentation at the Georgia Horse Expo.  Even if we just start with a simple booth to talk with people.  Are there any other Carolinians or SE endurance riders interested in doing something next year?

Also, I came across a booth that was promoting Polocrosse.  With crosstraining in mind for my 5y/o Quarab, this sport looks like a ton o' fun.  It definitely looks like great training for the horse and rider that would improve muscle, stamina, balance, and over all conditioning.  Does anyone else do Polocrosse or tried it as a tool for fun and conditioning?

Tim

Do you Yahoo!?