[RC] [Guest] popup campers - Ridecamp Guest

On Behalf Of Gay Lykes

Hi Erika\

There are three of us in this area who ride/camp together and we all have
popup campers.  If we had more people we would start a club and call
ourselves the PopTarts.  Anyway, here is a breakdown of who dives what.

Lorie   1/2 ton Dodge Ram late 90's model short bed.Three horse slant. Feels
she is at her limit and really needs a bigger truck.  Loves the popup.  She
has a regular size popup and she puts her tail gate down and lets it extend
over that.

Marsha   First had a 1//2 ton Ford 360 engine short bed like yoursthat was a
real hauler and pulled her two horse fine.  She has a popup made for a
smaller truck.  She now has a 3/4 ton Chev that gives her more braking
power, but is gutless compared to her little ford.  Loves her popup.\

Myself   We have a 3/4 ton Dodge and a two horse slant.  It came with the
towing package so did not have to do anything to it.  Previously we had a
1985 Ford that was great as a hauler but had independent i-beam suspension
so you felt every dip in the road.  We had stabilizers put on it which
helped, but finally we told Wandering Louie goodbye and got our current
truck.  Love the popup camper.  We had a regular camper before and you can
really tell the difference when you are trucking down the road.  Much less
wind resistance (better gas mileage )  and we hardliy know its there.  I
know this didn't help much about your truck, more like a testimonial to the
popups.  Hope  it works for you.  They are sure handy neat little rigs.

Enjjoy.     Gay