From: Bob & Amber Roberts
Subject: [RC] Horrible accidents

After reading this below, I am wondering if anyone knows how
Ed is doing.  If I recall, he is Teddy, Running Bear's, significant
other and had a horrible horse accident some time ago.  Does anyone
have an update on his condition?

Amber

Today's the first day really out of bed. I can barely be up for longer than
an hour at a time.=A0 Saturday before last, my horse slipped on a very
slippery slope, I jumped off, tripped on a manzanita branch after my feet
were on the ground, fell over the edge of a very rocking slope, broke my
neck, cracked my head a few times along with various other cuts and
contusions, got air lifted to a hospital in Bakersfield where there's this

doctor that does this radical new surgery where they fuse the vertebra
using

neck bones of a cadaver.=A0 They say it cuts down the recovery time from 6
months to 6 weeks.=A0 I'm taking off the neck brace today.=A0 We're hoping
for
no nerve damage.