Re: [RC] The LBL Express - Jim Holland

Hickory Ridge Arabians wrote:

Hello Everyone,

As new rides become available for the endurance riders there
is always some interest on how the new ride went.  To that end,
here is the LBL Express story.

LBL EXPRESS 2003
Diane Fruth-Ride Manager

Had a great time at the LBL Express.  Hadn't been to Land Between the
Lakes in many years.  Lots of changes, very nice "formal" campground,
very unlike most primitive camping rides.  Trails are very nice, and had
it not rained so much, you could really move out. At least ride day was
nice, but the damage had been done.  Splashed thru the water, mud and
muck all day...nothing deep, but sure messy! Lots of other riders out
there including buggies and wagons.  Was wondering what Magic would do
about those, but other than curiosity, didn't pay much attention.

Got there on Thursday, Joan had to work, but joined me on Friday to crew
and help with the ride. Magic is now a "real" Endurance horse, finishing
the 50 at the back of the pack, but great Vet Checks, and I had a lot of
horse left at the end.

Diane drafted Joan for P&R, but somehow she managed to do that AND crew
for me as well as helping lots of other riders around the Vet Check
area. Her hard work earned her the "Best Crew" award, a nice Coleman
"Extreme" Cooler. (Hmmm...perfect to keep my beer cold!)

Jerry and Diane's son Ryan also did a great job...ran his legs off all
day.

The vets were great as usual.  Looking forward to going again next year,
hopefully with a little less rain!

Thanks, Diane!  We enjoyed it!

Jim, Joan, Sun of Dimanche, and Mahada Magic