[RC] Fats -- dry vs. oil - C. Eyler

I'm considering using dry vegetable fats instead of oil to get more calories into my gelding.  When I asked the manufacturer (my contact is a vet, actually) whether dry fats would be less vulnerable to rancidity, he said that generally it's less of a problem with the dry form because they contain a lower concentration of the fatty acids than oil does.  But does this also mean that my horse wouldn't get all the benefits of oil?

Cindy