From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Karla Watson
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 6:03 AM
To: RIDECAMP
Subject: [RC] Body Questions

1) What do most of you experienced people out there eat and drink before, during and after a ride to make sure you don't crash yourself? I have felt both lightheaded and queasy after rides. I was given some good advice this weekend after finishing my first 50 ....God, it hurts... I drank tons of water while riding but hear that is not enough. Just wanted to know what people use that really help.

2) Also what kind of cross-training do people do to help those muscles get stronger so we are not so bloody sore for 2 days. I hear bike riding helps get those muscles stronger for riding longer. Riding alot just does not seem to be enough.

Any positive input appreciated.

Karla Watson
Portland, Oregon