[RC] Spooking Horses - Vchorsegal

Hi Jennifer-
 What kind of bit are you using ?  What is he spooking at ?  I would be sure to have enough bit control for an emergency and use light hands.  Sometimes I find that if they are afraid of an object I can dismount and show it to them on foot, slowly increasing their "comfort zone".  It seems that some horses are more willing to look an object over if the rider is willing to walk on foot with them. If you are using a snaffle, I would go to a tom thumb type bit to keep your horse in place long enough to ride out the initial freak !!
               - Good Luck !! - Heidi Helly
p.s. Desensitizing Clinics are also great !