[RC] Spooking Horses - Suvut

Hi Jennifer.  I can totally sympathize with your problem.  My older horse, Rocky, who is now 19 and retired, NEVER got any better with the spooking -- in fact, as he got older, he got progressively worse.  His spooks were sudden and violent and totally unpredictable.  He, too, would drop the shoulder and spin -- although he never did run off with me.  There was NO WAY to solve this problem.

On the other hand, my current 5 year old also had some spooking/spinning problems for a short while.  But with regular riding, he is coming along nicely and no longer does the violent spook & spins.  He has a ways to go yet, but I am confident that the spooking problems will work out as he gets older and more confident.

Susan Vuturo (AERC #1108)