[RC] Million Pines and Lessons Learned - Alicia Mansuetti

First of all I want to thank Wesley Crowe and all his helpers for putting on a great ride again at Million Pines!  The food and the hospitality were just wonderful and the trails were nice and soft and well marked!  I rider opted out of the ride due to my mare being a little off, but I had fun crewing for my friend's Lynn Kenelly who placed seventh on "Super Sonny" and Max Hipps who completed as well.

The lesson I learned was always always check how your farrier shoes your horse.  We use a great farrier but he evidently got in a hurry and I had shoes that were very un-level and caused some unnecessary stress to my mare's leg.  It's my fault too for not checking behind my farrier but he had always shod her well in the past.  The moral of the story is to know your horses angles and make sure they have level feet.  Many thanks to Ken Marcella and Matt Frazier for helping me with her shoeing problem and to Nina and Duane Barnett for their extra ice boot!

Happy Trails!
Alicia Mansuetti