Re: [RC] Riding goggles anyone?Or why I can't ride today. ... - Diane Conklin

Bummer! Try going to your local Harley Davidson shop. They usually have a good selection of goggles. My husband has a couple of pair that really do a good job and look pretty cool. Ha! as cool as you can look with goggles on......

Diane

 Laurie Durgin <ladurgin@xxxxxxx> wrote:

You'd think ,on a beautiful 70 degree day in Ga. I'd get the saddle out and
hit the trail.So I thought, then I fed. And was attacked by the dreaded
yellow scum. I'ts April, everythings in bloom, especially the pines!!!
>aaarrggghhh< For those of you who aren't blessed to live in the land of
the SE : Every spring we get the "curse of the yellow scum". Yellow pine
pollen so large it covers everything, somewhat relational to Kudzu , scourge
of the South.
It covers everything, you car can turn yellow in hours. You can write
messages in it it's so thick.You can see yellow dust clouds when the wind
blows.
Well I am blind as a bat without my contact lenses. Guess what gets in your
eyes and under your contacts turning you into a blind weeping maniac. I had
to remove my contacts and carry them up from the barn.
Nix on riding, luckily it is going to rain, which will wash it down some.
Never though t I'd want it to rain again.Hopefully I can ride till it builds
up again.
\I wear sunglasses usually, contact ,treelimb protection.But they don't work
when it gets this bad.
So what about goggles I thought?So they have a sport goggle with sunglass
type lenses?Ones that really seal out eh dust, pollen etc.?And fit
comfortabley under a helmet. (my sunglasses have to pass the helmet test.I
get more "pains from sunglasses" than I ever do with my helmet.
Yes I have glasses, but the transition from contacts to glasses creates a
depth perception problem for a day or two.And they aren't sturdy enough for
tree limb encounters (really need to trim this trail Rascal).
So Goggles anyone? Laurie, recovering from the pollen monster indoors:{