[RC] Riding goggles anyone?Or why I can't ride today. ... - Laurie Durgin

You'd think ,on a beautiful 70 degree day in Ga. I'd get the saddle out and hit the trail.So I thought, then I fed. And was attacked by the dreaded yellow scum. I'ts April, everythings in bloom, especially the pines!!! >aaarrggghhh< For those of you who aren't blessed to live in the land of the SE : Every spring we get the "curse of the yellow scum". Yellow pine pollen so large it covers everything, somewhat relational to Kudzu , scourge of the South.
It covers everything, you car can turn yellow in hours. You can write messages in it it's so thick.You can see yellow dust clouds when the wind blows.
Well I am blind as a bat without my contact lenses. Guess what gets in your eyes and under your contacts turning you into a blind weeping maniac. I had to remove my contacts and carry them up from the barn.
Nix on riding, luckily it is going to rain, which will wash it down some. Never thought I'd want it to rain again.Hopefully I can ride till it builds up again.
\I wear sunglasses usually, contact ,treelimb protection.But they don't work when it gets this bad.
So what about goggles I thought?So they have a sport goggle with sunglass type lenses?Ones that really seal out eh dust, pollen etc.?And fit comfortabley under a helmet. (my sunglasses have to pass the helmet test.I get more "pains from sunglasses" than I ever do with my helmet.
Yes I have glasses, but the transition from contacts to glasses creates a depth perception problem for a day or two.And they aren't sturdy enough for tree limb encounters (really need to trim this trail Rascal).
So Goggles anyone? Laurie, recovering from the pollen monster indoors:{