[RC] Tacky Tack Pad - April Johnson

I really like the Tacky Tack pad for ease of cleaning and helping keep the
saddle from slipping and sliding. I have an Abetta endurance with the
neoprene bottom, so the saddle and the pad didn't slide away from each
other.

However, the pad I bought was a 30" by 30" pad and it was just too long for
Tanna's back. It would interfere with his hips while trotting. When I went
to a local tack shop to buy a barrel pad that I hoped would be a more
suitable size, they were out and I ended up buying a trooper sized pad that
didn't work at all. In fact, it was worse. So Serts has that pad now. Works
for him. He's bigger and rounder.  Not to mention he doesn't do the miles
that Tanna does.

Anyway! So I got the great idea to fold the square pad up from the back a
couple of inches and sew it back to itself. It worked for awhile, but after
a 20+ mile ride that produced rubbing right about where the overlaid seam
is, I decided it was time for a new pad. Really never had that problem
before, even though we'd done 20+ mile rides before. Might have been the
combination of the seam and shedding, but I didn't want to take any chances.

I'm still going to keep the Tacky Tack pad as a spare. It's good for a loop
or a shorter ride.

So my problem with the Tacky Tack pad had not so much to do with the pad
material itself. More of a sizing issue. But since I'm priming Tanna for 50s
this year, I decided to go with something else altogether when I went
looking for a pad.

April
Nashville, TN