Re: [RC] [RC] Toklat Pad, GPS, EasyBoots (long) - Laurie Durgin

Recently, I had a dilemma on what kind of saddle pad to get. Thanks
to a convention sale at Sportack.com and some feedback from ridecampers
(thanks!), I decided to get a Toklat woolback round pad shaped for
endurance saddles. I had ordered a high profile, but it is still
on back order. When I was told the back order could take a couple
of weeks, I ordered a regular (non-high profile) pad. This was the
pad I used. I was thrilled with the look of it and the fit around
the saddle! I couldn't wait to try it. Pretty pad! First time to
use this pad.

His HR was normal throughout the ride and his attitude... >The Toklat pad was, dare I say it, wonderful! I could feel the cushioning
while I was in the saddle. Especially under my lower thighs. I was
quite amazed. When I unsaddled, there was almost a perfect sweat
pattern. Only one dry spot. Tiny, smaller than a dime, on his right
withers. It was really cool, I took the saddle off, but left the
pad so I could look at it before looking at the sweat pattern. The
top part of the pad had molded to the shape of the underside of the
saddle! Totally weird. I wasn't expecting that. And the pad just
stayed on him. My Tacky Tack pad will bunch and move, especially
when Tanna shifts around during unsaddling. But not that Toklat pad.
Just stayed right with him! Maybe it was a fluke, but it sure was
cool. The pad was dry to the touch by the time I was done unsaddling
and unbooting Tanna. So far, I'm quite impressed with this pad. 20
miles was where we got into trouble with the Tacky Tack pad, so I'll
be anxious to see how this pad performs on 20+ mile rides.

I use a tacky tack , and been ok(except needed more cushioning vet said on back.But haven't done over 16 miles yet with it, what was the problem you have? I just bought a coolback/toklat too as an alternative or in addition.

And the easy boots. While the boots did not come off, I was right
about the quality of the duct tape. There was a big tear in the tape
where Tanna's heel met the back of the boot. The tape still helped,
though. No doubt about it. It bonded to the vet wrap and held very
well. When I pulled off the duct tape and vet wrap, my husband was
able to remove Tanna's boot without the aid of a screw driver. Which
leads me to believe the boot probably would have come off if the
duct tape hadn't been there. So, what's the best brand of duct tape
for keeping easy boots on?

Try orginal real Duct tape , not te cheaper knockoffs, I used to sell tape and there are differences in the glues and backings. Husband seconded that when I bought cheap stuff, in his work ,he says it makes a difference.

What a fun ride! Gorgeous day, wind blowing. Tanna sweated up some
and dried quickly because of the nice breeze. Definitely my kinda