Re: [RC] Spring shots - Deblyons54

I am a RN and very comfortable giving vaccinations. I gave my own horses vaccinations for over 20 years. I was at a friends house when the vet was there vaccinating. One of her horses developed an immediate anaphylactic (severe allergy) to the injection and dropped on the spot. Fortunately the vet had the right drugs available and was able to save the horses life. That same year I gave my sensitive Arab mare her injections and she developed extremely severe neck pain, refused to eat and her neck swelled. After an ultrasound of her neck and many other tests, numerous calls to the maker of the vaccine it was determined that she had an inflammatory reaction to the vaccine "carrier". She developed severe head shaking, neck adhesions and I couldn't put a halter on her for months. I thought for a while that I would have to put her down. From that time forward I figure it is money well spent to have pay the vet to give my horses their vaccinations.