[RC] Non-Horsey Hubby - Kat Forst

My husband likes to look important.  I begged him to ride a horse for the first time last summer.  He did, and admitted it wasn't that bad.  He actually finds it kinda boring.  He rode for a while, mostly to keep me off the horse I think. At the time I was about 4mths pregnant.  Anyways, he got really good about it, natural rider.  He just seems bored with it. He likes his fast cars, dirt bikes, etc.  And unfortunatley we haven't been able to leave the round pen yet.  :(

His brother came down to visit from Chicago and wanted to 'play cowboy' and ride a horse for the first time. Alex (my hubby) got on to show him how (show off really).  At that time I was 8 1/2 mths preg, and I "wouldn't" get on the horse (did when he wasn't around though,lol).  He really likes to be better at things.. Competitive type.  So I tell him how good he's getting, how he's a natural, blah blah.

He likes to complain about how much they cost and how much work they are, but he just went and bought a 25 acre house for 2 horses...That still has to be fenced! I told him that we didn't need that much, and he actually said that it was for when I got more <g>! He helped me muck out my stallion's stall while I was preg, and helped feed and stuff.  And he promises to go trail riding with me when we get moved in to the new house.  I think he will enjoy that a bit more.

I guess all of this goes to say that you don't force a man to do anything, you ask them to help you.  Everyone else has said this time and time again, men need to be needed.  You NEED that new brood mare exercised... right? <g> You didn't buy him a horse, never, you just bought a brood mare!  It's just that she really needs that exercise, and between your stallion and the other mare that's got to be exercised you really NEED that help, esp since he is SUCH a good rider!

Hopes this helps! <g> It worked for me!  (women are so sneaky!)

Kat d. Forst

Night Star Arabians

Do you Yahoo!?