Re: [RC] know it all ?? - Truman Prevatt

Write her a letter explaining what you are doing, that your horses are just fine and informing her that someone has been coming on you property and this has you very upset and you have notified law enforcement. Ask her to watch your place and if she sees anyone to contact you. Also inform her you are going to install a camera and take other measures to catch them. Have someone else read it (witness) and keep a copy. Send it to her by registered mail. That should do it.

Truman

jennifer a berger wrote:
So we went ahead and bought some property in Ottawa IL and started to build a house.  Before it was done, we took my fathers horses and my horse from Colorado.  We built the fence ourselves ( equimesh ).  However since our house was not built yet and we did not have a well yet, I hauled water in every other day for three months till we got our well done.  My father, who is not the wealthiest man in the world offered them to me after he learned hay that year was going to be 9.00 a bale.  I was happy to help after all one of the horses is mine since I was 11 years old.  I grain them every day and feed them twice a day and the always have water and shelter, we have been very busy with our house so we probably dont spend enough time with them, but they are preety happy being fat!!

ANYWAY, my neighbor who has never had a horse before just got her first horse.  We have been so busy with the house I have not been able to talk to her about him but he looks very cute.  I am guessing she spent about 7to 10000 on the 3 acres of fence.  He will definitly be well cared for.  HOWEVER,  I believe she is the one who called the Department of AG and said I was not feeding my horses, they were so hungry that they are eating there own manure.  The Dept. of Ag. comes out and discovers they are all very fat.  He was very annoyed that he had to come out, but he says it happens all the time.    THEN my husband and I goto breakfast every Sunday morning,  so while we are gone she must of come over and fed my horses half a bale of hay because it was gone when we came back.  OK so now I am very mad.  I go knock on her door but of course she does not answer.  I just cannot believe that I live next to a fruit loop.  So I put a camera on the hay, but of course she has not been over.  So I called the Dept of Ag and explaind and told them since they wont give me her name for sure, if the would call her and explain to her the dangers of feeding other peoples horses.  They said they would,  the police said I cannot press tresspassing charges unless I catch her in the act.

Does any one have any other suggestions??