[RC] purchasing saddles - Kirk and Tara Rothwell

Dear ride camp friends I need some advice about saddles and saddle fit.
 I have a "petite" (line bred Bask) gelding 14.2 about 750#  We do endurance and have had all kinds of saddle issues. I finally found a saddle that seemed to work 30.5 tree stubben seigfried. At our last 2 50 milers we really increased our pace shaving off 2 hours from our prior time. But he also had terrible back soreness. Last weekend he was sore over the right loin area. With palpation he would really dip his back away from the touch. I have tried different pads. I am going to try some different things with how I tie on my accessories. But have really decided to have a saddle custom made for him. I also want to start showing in dressage and actually prefer the dressage saddle for trail riding (but the one I have also causes back soreness).
 I am looking at the synergist dressage saddle. Could any of you out there that ride that saddle please comment on how you like it? And would like to consider about the Micala Ling dressage saddle (looked for you Liz Henry at the ride last weekend but didn't see you) but have not had luck with contacting any reps or a response from the website, and there really isn't enough info on the site to even consider. For those of you who ride in this saddle comment on how you like it? Also for both saddle makers how was dealing with the company? How long did it take to get the saddle? And what has been your luck with having the sadddle refit for another horse? These saddles are so pricy (why?). It is so scary to buy without trying, so I am really trying to investigate. I have ridden in endurance saddles before (sharon saare) and found them not to be to my liking (probably because I am used to english saddles) and know that I really want to go for an dressage saddle that I can accessorize for endurance. Any suggestions or advice you can offer would be most helpful. Even any ideas about why he is getting sore in the current saddle.
thanks
Tara and T