[RC] head setting and conditioning - Allegra

    I just recently, as of yesterday, started using draw reins to help set my horses head.  Prior to that I had been using my arms, but could only make him drop his head not hold it.  He gives to the draw reins and does not fight them.  The thing is that in 1 1/2 hours he was tired out.

   Now we're talking the horse who can go on a trail ride for 5 hours the week before and come back prancing.  I'm not surprised considering he is using a completely different set of muscles.

    My question is should I keep doing short rides with the draw reins until he is up to going further, or should I alternate days when I'm using them so that we can get some more miles in? Considering he isn't using the same group of muscles?

    Any other information welcome too.
  Thank you,

 Allegra