[RC] - Linda Fisher

This has been quite a week for everyone!!  The Blizzard of the Century put me through a lot of hard work:  we (Chera, Lynn and I) had to feed the horses here at Kenlyn bale by bale.  It was Chera's idea to put the Endurance horses to Real Work!!  Ha Ha   Once we got ourselves a path shoveled to the show barn, she saddled up Kourageus, one of my stallions in that barn, and had him break paths around the property as he dragged one bale of hay at a time to every horse!!  It took 9 hours to feed daily since our hired hands couldn't get here to work.  After days of plowing, they finally made it in to us back here and Ken was able to get the big backhoe from Ft Collins to Aurora to dig out truck feeding routes around the property.  He was my HERO for digging us out so my mom and I could attend Brian and Katie's  March 22 wedding.  Luckily Brian had the forethought to have a back up plan for his original wedding plans.  His original hope was to hold the wedding ceremony under our waterfall in the East pasture and the reception on the property somewhat near the house, either under a tent or in Ken's large workshop.  Instead, it was held in a historic quaint church in the nearby town of Bellvue and the reception at the Marriot Hotel.  The only regret is that the Clydesdale horse couldn't get to Ft Collins to pull his carriage that was already at the farm.  Brian and Katie had approximately 100 friends and relatives that were able to make it, including a lot of out-of-town guests.  The airports opened just in time and everyone got here!!!  The bride and groom looked fabulous and everything went off beautifully.  They had a fun reception with great dance music (I got almost all of Brian's non-dancing friends out on the floor to show that they really could move!!)  They are now enjoying their honeymoon in Maui, Hawaii before Brian heads back to Sterling to finish his 3 year Mechanics School program in June.  I am such a proud mother-in-law to have Katie join our family.  She is a terrific person and such a great addition to the Fisher Family.      Just as it should be, love conquers all and the week turned out perfectly:  we got the much needed moisture to grow our first crop of hay and the wedding still went off 'with a hitch'.

Thinking of you all.   Linda