Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2003 6:07 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] The nutritional guide to lame babies

First off, I'm not talking about a true, extreme  club foot, I'm mostly talking about a "semi-clubfoot" that comes in degrees and is in conjunction with a low heeled hoof. I've seen pictures of 'foundation' arabs that have the same thing. I've seen a picture of Abu Farwa that showed his high heel/low heel fault. IMO, this has been bred into the breed because breeders don't care. I see it in some lines more frequently than others.

Have there been published studies on the nutritional cause? If it is nutritional, why only one foot?  How come I don't see the high heel/low heel as frequency in other breeds?