Re: [RC] Shoe-pulling horse - Jennifer Judkins

Now that you mention it, Ed.  That's exactly what my farrior did for my over-reacher.  DUH!  I guess I'll have to show him alittle more appreciation, ouch!  Jennifer.

 Ed and Wendy Hauser <sisufarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Short backed horses over reach and do that.  The solution is to change the timing by a smidge.  My farrier sets the rear shoes back and then rounds the toe of the nail to fit the shoe.  The other way is to roll the toe on the front shoe. This gets the front foot off the ground a smidge quicker.  Both work.  If your farrier is good, he already knows thes, he just has to do it intil he finds out how much is needed for the particular horse.

Ed
Ed and Wendy Hauser
1140 37th Street
Hudson, WI 54016