Re: [RC] Endurance riding/racing growing pains - LSimoni197

Ed,

Right, that is my point!  We can put up the money, and change the game just enough to ensure that a horse must last for more than just one day.  Taking some action in this manner could give Americans a chance to bring home medals again.
Well, we can complain forever, nothing will change.  I would rather see us develop plans to change the game just enough so that we can be a successful part of the International game again.
Don't give me the old tired line about the occasional horse death.  We do everything we can to prevent it, and in every other horse activity there is an occasional death or injury. Rodeo gets sponsors.  Consider football, a huge amount of injuries.  This injury/death line is just an excuse.
It is easy for the UAE to fund the race.  So it is not so easy for us.  So, now we do not do things which are difficult, or take time?
We need a committee to work on this.  There is still lots of money in this country, and these days there are many Americans who would like to see us bring in the gold when competing with the Middle East.

Lynge

Lynge