[RC] WNV Study at UC Davis - Lori Bertolucci

Hi there all.
I found out about a study that UC Davis did on WNV. THought you all might find it interesting and hopefully someone familiar with this study can fill in the gaps that I don't have answers to.

Apparently UC Davis did a study on 90 horses to see if any showed titers (is this correct?) for the WNV. All were negetive, including 18 horses that had previously been vaccinated for the virus. I do not know how many shots had been received by these horses, or the time span. That is where I am hoping someone can fill in the blanks.

UC Davis has just put up a live bird trap at the stables where I keep my horses and that is where the info came from. They will be catching, testing and releasing birds from our area.

Thought this info might be of interest.

Lori B.