[RC] Boarding horses - Kat Forst

In my opinion, and just opinion, I prefer the boarding facilities like the one I'm at now.  I only pay $50 mth.  I go EVERY day to the barn and feed, water, clean the stall, etc. I have a mare, and a stallion.  The mare is allowed to stay out in the pasture, and she does.  I feed her grain in the afternoons while I'm there, and thats that.   My stallion however has to stay in a stall.  I feed him in the afternoons and fill up both water buckets.  If the round pen isn't TOO wet I let him out while I'm cleaning his stall out, or getting his food ready.  Everyone that boards there does the same.  Then we all leave out however much hay and feed we want them to have for breakfast, and the owner puts it in their stalls before he goes to work in the morning.  They have my number in case anything goes wrong.

Honestly, I don't think it's fair to own a horse if you can't spend at least 30min a day to feed it.  I understand not having anywhere to keep it though. My husband and I are trying to buy a house right now with enough room to keep my horses, but we are living in an apartment right now.

Anyways, like I said that's just my opinion.

Kat d. Forst

Night Star Arabians

Do you Yahoo!?