[RC] like finding daycare - Karla Watson

Yes Karen, bad boarding experiences.....I can add to that....horses dropping weight cause they weren't feeding enough...or heck, just not getting fed AT ALL...horses not getting turned out for days cause it "might" sprinkle, horses with open cuts and not calling owners, horses standing in a foot of manure in their stalls, horses getting moved around the facility like muscial chairs on a weekly basis, and then theres the good one......horse broke into unlocked feed room, consumed almost 50 lb bag of grain and owner of place laughing and thinking it was "cute" while my horse was out in pasture in serious colic....6 hours of hand walking I did and $245 vet bill later not even an apology....

There are some wonderful places out there but they are only about 10% of the population and they are usually FULL with a waiting list.

On the other side of the coin: there are ALOT of bad boarders making it hard for us GOOD boarders. Sorry you had such bad experiences with boarders.

Its like daycare.....the best place to board your horses is in your OWN backyard!! :-)

Karla Watson