Re: [RC] Bar H Boogie - Tiffany D'Virgilio

Title: Re: [RC]   Bar H Boogie
An absolutely gorgeous ride! I got the turtle for the 50. 2 miles in my stirrup leather ripped in half. My angel of the day Kathy Swigart spent almost two hours jerry rigging something up and I was able to complete on string and duct tape. My mare threw a fit for almost 20 miles due to being passed by everyone. BUT, the ride was amazing. Great vets, great manager and volunteers and the scenery was breathtaking. The hills at the end were tough, but I finished on a galloping horse who truly was fit to continue. And that is what counts.
My girlfriend stayed with me through it all, with all the delays and fixes and I was happy just to finish. We managed to do leg three in 65 minutes, if it hadn't been for that damn saddle we might have done well.
Next time. As always a pleasure to do one of Lynne's rides. Thanks to all who helped. Did we all mention the scenery?:) Really gorgeous. Valleys of poppies and wildflowers, the rarely seen green California grass valleys and streams and water abounded. I got the hard luck award too for that saddle and my burst blood vessel hand. And I STILL had a great time-that is what it is all about!
Tiffany