[RC] Bar H Boogie - Wrecksduke

Thanks to Lynne Glazer the Ride Manager, Chris the land owner and all the volunteers for putting on a fantastic ride.

We didn't get a drop of rain and the trails were in pretty darn good shape.  I've never seen so many poppies and other wildflowers.  The intermittent cloud cover made it a little chilly now and then throughout the day.

There was plenty of water throughout the course.. puddles, streams and water provided by ride management.  I was surprised that my mare even drank "chocolate" water on the trail.

The 50 mile course was moderate most of the ride.  There were "significant hills" at the end of the ride.  I saw a lot of people hand walking their horses up.  I took the opportunity to start teaching my mare how to tail.  She did pretty good until the last "piece de resistance" "head wall".....  she decided it was stupid to go up THAT and tried to turn around.  I finally had to change the side that the reins were on to better guide her and then she went UP!

This is definately a must do ride for all of you who missed it.  We got nice sweatshirts for completion awards - hurray!!!

I think we had the most vets with actual endurance riding experience there too.  We were fortunate to get Mike Peralez to be one of the vets.  He's done Tevis several times and is an ultra-marathon runner.  I figure he really knows what he's doing when he looks at my horse.  Thanks Mike!

Thanks again Lynne and all.

Melody